May is Mental Health Awareness Month, if you have followed CXXII for some time you know we are passionate about helping to raise awareness and encourage people in place in their lives.
We will be helping to raise awareness about mental health through posting all our social media facts and statistics on Mental Health. Along with we that we are releasing some new designs and doing a very special collab tee with Jacob Doney. ( Follow Jacob Doney and his incredible tattoo artwork here --> @jacobdoneytattoo )
CXXII Apparel has also partnered with Death2Life Organization and all proceeds of the special merch releases will go to support the D2L Organization. (Please find the new merch on the "Mental Health Collection" on our website when we release new items)
The reason we have support the Death2Life organization because they are able to reach hopeless, hurting and suicidal with love, hope and healing. Death2Life was founded back in 2009 with the passion to build a community of influencers that reach out to lost who think they have no hope or who are hurting or suicidal and give them a place that they can go to anonymously speak / chat through text ( D2L@494949 ).
If you would like to donate directly to support Death2Life Organization. It would mean the world to us if you could any amount would make a difference in a life.
Mental Health Awareness Facts:
- 2020 40% of U.S. adults reported struggling with mental health or substance abuse according to the CDC. - 31% reported anxiety or depression symptoms. - 26% reported trauma or stress-related disorder symptoms. 11% say they seriously considered suicide.
- Aged 18-29 had felt down, depressed, or hopeless at least several days out of the previous two weeks.
- 28 percent had thoughts of self-harm or suicide over the two-week period, with 1 out of 20 respondents experiencing those thoughts every day.
- Over 44,000 Americans each year die of Suicide.
- Suicide is the 4th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Men who struggle with substance use are 2-3x more likely to attempt suicide.
- Men are 4x more likely than women to die by suicide
- Females are more likely than males to have suicidal throughts.
- Females attempt suicide 3x more often than males.
- 80% of teens who die from suicide show warning signs ( this is where you can help and if you notice someone to please let them know they are "NOT ALONE")
- More teens die from suicide each year than cancer, flu and aids combined.